Rob Cleveland and Tess Malis Kincaid in A Doll’s House, Part 2 (2018). Photo by Caser Gardner Ford Photography.
Actor’s Express (at the King Plow Arts Center)
887 West Marietta Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
When coming from downtown or I-75/85, the driveway that leads to the parking structure is the first on the right after going over the bridge between Marietta Street and West Marietta Street. If you get to the light at Joseph E. Lowery and West Marietta Street, you’ve gone too far.
When entering the theatre’s location into your GPS, be sure to include “WEST” in the street name. Otherwise, you’ll be taken to the wrong location.
Parking is available in the King Plow Arts Center parking deck for $10. King Plow Arts Center, not Actor’s Express, manages all parking on campus.
We recommend AE patrons take the following steps to make parking as easy as possible:
1. Pre-pay at the parking kiosk when entering the parking deck to save time at the end of the night.
2. Park in the upper lot, Entrance B
- If you go in the second entrance and park in the upper section (Entrance B), you will get out much more easily most nights. Just drive a few feet past Entrance A and turn into Entrance B.
3. Consider these parking hacks
- If there is a valet, use it! Nine times out of ten this valet is free of charge and more than happy to park AE patron’s cars (we tip well apparently). Just be sure to ask how long they will be there to make sure they don’t plan to pack up before the show ends. It has not happened yet, but we would hate for it to happen to you.
- Walk over! Park at a restaurant and walk over the bridge to the theatre. There is lots of free parking in West Midtown, Just leave about 10 mins to make the walk.
4. Need handicap accessible parking?
- Handicap parking is available in the traffic circle directly in front of the theater entrance and in marked spaces throughout the parking lot and parking garage. There are a limited number of ADA spaces in front of the building, if possible consider dropping off at the traffice circle before proceeding to park in the deck.
Conant Arts Center (at Oglethorpe University)
4484 Peachtree Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30319
Oglethorpe University is located in the Atlanta suburb of Brookhaven, minutes from the Buckhead district and 10 miles north of downtown with easy acces from the Clairmont and Shallowford exits of I-85. The campus is off of Peachtree Road. Parking on site is Free.
Actor’s Express does not have a dress code. Patrons usually opt for casual or
business casual attire. Feel free to dress up for a special night out, dress
down for comfort, or find your own happy medium.
The Actor’s Express bar sells both alcoholic (beer, wine, liquor) and non-
alcoholic beverages. We also have assorted candy and treats available for
The term “Previews” refers to any full-length public performance of a show
before Opening Night. The purpose of previews is to allow the director, cast
and crew to identify opportunities for improvement that weren’t found during
closed rehearsals and to make adjustments before critics are invited to
The King Plow Arts Center and the theater space are both handicap
accessible. Handicap parking is available in the traffic circle and in marked
spaces throughout the parking lot and parking garage. Please contact the
Box Office ahead of time for reserved seating.
Actor’s Express is a general admission house. Seating is first come, first
served. We offer a premium reserved seating section for subscribers. Donors
at the $500 level or above also receive reserved seating.
The box office opens 1 hour before curtain. The doors to the theater open 30
minutes before curtain.
Yes! MARTA buses get you very close to Actor’s Express. Visit MARTA’s
website to plan your trip accordingly.
We also would recommend using a taxi, car service, or ride share service.
Some plays and musicals contain adult themes. Before bringing children,
make sure the show is appropriate for their age or maturity level. Consider
reading a synopsis on our website, and check with our ticket office staff if
you aren’t sure.
Subscribers and single ticket holders can exchange their tickets to another
performance of the same show until 7 PM on the day of the performance (1
PM for Sunday performances). Call the Box Office at 404-607-7469 or email
Season ticket holders who miss their performance unexpectedly may
reschedule tickets to a later performance of the same show. Check
availability with the Ticket Office on the day of the performance you wish to
attend (or, for Sunday performances, check the day before).